My current method is outlined in this post: https://impossiblechinese.com/2015/12/30/the-plan/
I’m fascinated in reading stories of how others learned languages. I don’t always agree with their approaches, particularly ones that seem to wholly consume the learner to the detriment of their social lives, but they’re still great fun to read.
- Independent Chinese study: review
- Mandarin Training Center, National Taiwan Normal University
- Chinese Quest
- How independent study has worked well for me
- My Plan for Learning Chinese Over Three Months: passes HSK4 at the end.
- http://pinpinchinese.com/learn-chinese/: also has useful advice on living and studying in Taiwan
- How I Learned to Speak Mandarin in 6 Months
- “I did it, and I’m not a Genius”: three fellows discuss their Chinese learning journey on this podcast.
- This table of contents is packed with useful information. The rest of the website? Not so much.
- A year to learn Japanese https://docs.google.com/document/d/10bRzVblKVOsQJjTc2PIi1Gbj_LrsJCkMkh0SutXCZdI/edit#